Last Project Update

 

Source: Pixabay

So... I actually had a plan.  I usually don't make plans and just wing it, but this time, I really made a plan.  I did it.  And then I didn't do it.  I really shouldn't have expected anything else.  The hope was to be done writing by now, so the last week could just be editing.  Based off of word count, I'm about 3/4 done with writing.  Obviously, not where I wanted to be.  However, put it the context of how much I usually procrastinate, this is actually impressive.  Usually, with a whole week still left to work with, I probably be just starting to write at this point.  I'm probably going to have to remove some sections that I was planning to write, but 1,500 words left to go really isn't that intimidating.  It's definitely better than 6,000.  This is not a great place to be in, but I've definitely done way worse.  Silver linings, maybe?

In the face of the increasingly dwindling amount of time left, I was able to get myself to be quite productive today.  This is probably the most work I've gotten done in a day since the first couple weeks of the semester.  Along with that, the projects I've had to do for other classes are pretty much done, so now I have fewer excuses.  Hopefully I can kick myself into gear and continue this momentum, so that I get those last 1,500 words written in the beginning of the week instead of Sunday night.  

Comments

  1. Hi Melanie, I feel the same! sometimes for writing I usually save it for the night before which is not a very good habit. But for this project I pretty much started when it was introduced. Which is nice because now I have about the same 1500 words left to write which is not bad at all considering there is still some more art I want to discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie, I can relate. Procrastination has forever been my downfall. Though during this project I've done more planning than I would usually do for any other projects. 1500 words shouldn't be too hard though especially if you like the topic you're writing about. I have a lot to go but I feel like since I'm interested in my topics it shouldn't be as hard to meet the goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely better to make a plan and then miss the mark than not to plan at all! I bet part of your success on the day you wrote this was due to the hustle in catching up and following what you had intended to do earlier... and that's totally okay! Life happens, but you're on the right track and almost done. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melanie,
    I can relate with being behind in the word count. I started to pick up the pace last week and this week I only have about 500 words left. But we will be able to finish this project and just need to trust the process. I like the layout of your website and think that it is very easy to navigate through. The finish line is near and let's finish the project strongly. Good luck with the rest of the project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melanie, you said above how you still need to finish up a portion of your website; I'm looking forward to reading your contemporary section when it's all done. I also covered Avatar: The Last Airbender, and it's nice to see someone sharing the same interest in the series. I really like what you have so far; good luck and finishing up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey how's it going, I'm sure everything will go fine with the word count ideas will always comes. It's always a great day when plans work out believe me I make like 5 plans a day and maybe 1 of them will work out. I have never actually seen avatar the last airbender series everyone tells me it's amazing. I saw the movie but that movie was... bad. As long as you put the time in you'll finish up just fine. Good luck and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melanie,
    I'm here commenting again on your finished product for your website. Though this project was stressful for a lot of us, you did a great job and I thought your topic was also a unique one. The aesthetic of the website was nice and easy to navigate. The Avatar analysis was really interesting and all across the website you had some really strong analyses. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment