Setting Up Project Site

 

Source: Pixabay

Creating a timeline for this project was more difficult for me than it probably should've been, because I'm usually the type to "wing it."  I was able to finish a timeline for the project, but, because I'm not yet sure what other works of art I'm going to use, I'm not sure how well I'll be able to stick to it.  I'll probably have to edit the timeline depending on how quickly I decide on the other works.  The other main concern I have is what presentation to use for the project.  I've set up my website in a way that would probably support a series of essays best, but I'm also thinking about doing infographics instead.  Infographics would probably be better in displaying the connection the work has to multiple cultures.  However, I'm hesitant to use them because that would also make each work seem less connected; they're all separate posts rather than a series.

Comments

  1. I can definitely relate with the "wing it" personality because I went down that road often. So, don't think you were the only one who struggled with the timeline LOL. Looking forward to see your final website, whether its infographics or essays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could do a combination of infographics and short pieces of writing to connect them together! I like the idea of using both methods, especially as it gives you flexibility in showcasing the information in a unique way but also giving you the space to form concrete connections and conclusions regarding the different pieces in order to unify the content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melanie,

    I believe most students can relate to the wing it style as that is how most students I have heard complete there work when it comes down to it like myself when most papers came near the deadline. The multiple options help put you with a complex position in which you have many paths but uncertainty on where to go.

    Treb (They/Them)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the whole "wing it" mentality as I procrastinate my way to complete assignments a lot. It's just a different type of assignment for a lot of us unless someone has a background in web design. This project should be fun and difficult as you have to manage every page on the site. I wish you good luck and I will like to see the website in it's final form.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment