Planning My Project

 

Source: Pixaby

So, for my project, I've settled on my main topic: I'm going to find and analyze works that relate to globalization.  I'd like to find pieces that integrate and take inspiration from multiple cultures, so that the work itself is a product of globalization.  Two shows that I'll probably use are My Hero Academia and Avatar: The Last AirbenderMy Hero Academia is an anime that follows themes and tropes that are common in the East, but also takes inspiration from Western media, such as the growing popularity of superheroes.  Avatar: The Last Airbender is a Western animation that based it's art and animation off of Eastern Works.

These are both shows that I've seen and are very familiar with, so I'm not sure how easily I'll be able to find other works inspired by multiple cultures.  I'll probably spend the next few weeks researching to find some, and continue looking as I analyze the two shows I already have.  If I can't find any by that point, then I'll use works that use globalization as part of it's theme.  If I end up going this route, then I'll probably want one work that criticizes globalization, and another that shows the benefits of it.

Comments

  1. This sounds awesome! Really excited to see what you develop with these shows and the topic overall. I've never heard of My Hero Academia so I'm going to have to look into it myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment